Sunday, March 20, 2016

Following up on Emily Henry's THE LOVE THAT SPLIT THE WORLD

Back in January, a reader wrote to ask me about Emily Henry's The Love that Split the World. I've now gotten a copy, read it, and am working on an in-depth review of it. Due out in 2016, it is being published by Razorbill (Penguin).

However! Last week I learned it was being picked up by Lionsgate. If all goes according to plan, it will be a movie. That troubled me deeply because of the errors I found in the book.

I started tweeting about it, and got some pretty fierce pushback from people who are friends of the writer.

If you're interested in the tweets and my response to the pushback, I created two Storify's about them (Storify is a way to capture a series of tweets in a single place.) I've also got them available as pdf's--let me know by email if you want a copy of the pdf.

Here's the first one (note on March 31 2023: Spotify went down years ago, but the saved stories I did using their page are available at the Wayback Machine):

1 comment:

FleaDane said...

What I cannot believe is that someone could look at the valuable feedback you're providing and then get angry with you for taking the time to do so. Don't get me wrong, I know we white people lash out for all the worst reasons, but I can't imagine someone with a list of credentials like Dr. Reese offering me free critique on a subject I'm interested in... and being anything but grateful for their time spent on me.

I hope you can be heard.